Saturday, August 24, 2013
Above, a super detail of lace Joomchi. Below, the coarse fibers of the Ogura break away during the Joomchi process, and leave a texture much like a hog's hide.
I also worked on some botanical inclusions yesterday. Unlike the standard method of adding inclusions to the pulp, these are trapped between the fused layers, creating small pockets that start to open up from the agitation. I didn't get too aggressive with these, as I want them to serve as a baseline for other investigations.
Above, Rose of Sharon petals. Below, Nasturtium petals.
Overall, I made five (1 large, 4 small) pieces of Joomchi yesterday. Which explains why I suffered from shoulder and neck pain all night.