Monday, September 9, 2013

Stretch Armstrong


It's been one of those weeks when the professional, social, and domestic all vie for attention.  Nonetheless, mission accomplished on all fronts.  Friday evening saw me at an opening at Wine Spot/Art Spot for a small show featuring some former and current students.  Saturday was devoted entirely to an end-of-summer yard clean-up, which included a slash & burn of the garden.  Sadly, the garden really didn't perform well this season for a number of reasons.  Next season we'll limit food production to only two beds, and use the other two for growing dyestuff...including another round of indigo.  Sunday, I carded a half pound of wool for tonight's class, and spent the afternoon in the studio.


Speaking of which...part five of A Mended History in Six Parts is finally complete.  It took the better part of three days to mend.  In fact, I think I may even put in a little more time on one section of it after I do part six.  However, I anticipate that part six will take all of a week or more, so it may be awhile before I get back to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment